Case Study – Australian Law Enforcement
A large police force in Australia was looking to optimize the recruitment of police officers, streamlining the process using technology automation and more efficient recruitment practices. The primary objectives of engaging HRX to assist with this process was to help the police:
- Realize a faster time to recruit for quality Officers and PSOs
- Develop a new, more agile way of working
- Move from manual to online system
- Implement more end to end candidate ownership and candidate care
- Implement and optimize the Police of e-recruitment system, Springboard
PeopleScout HRX worked with the police force in a consulting and advisory capacity and performed a review of the recruitment process for both public service placements and police officers. As part of this review, we looked at driving efficiencies in the process and streamlining technology to support the complexities involved in their recruitment process, particularly for police officers.
This project has three main streams:
- Process: Defining a new automated recruitment process for Officers and PSOs
- People: Introducing new roles and responsibilities within that process
- Technology: Implementing a customised eRecruitment system to support the new process
As a result of the recruitment review and technology optimization project, the police force realized tangible benefits and efficiencies including:
- Reducing the number of steps in the officer recruitment process from 31 to 20
- Decreasing the volume of unsuitable applicants entering the process at the early stages through an online pre-screening process (illustrated in the figure).
- Implementation of an online check-list and document repository to reduce large hard copy candidate files
- Online tracking and bookings into the Police Academy sessions
- Increased applicant engagement through high touch candidate care and visibility
- Increase program visibility through better metrics and reporting
Technology optimization through the Springboard technology platform was a major enabler to realizing these benefits.
MORE CASE STUDIES
Case Study: Corporate, Markets and Financial Services Regulator
As a result of a consultative study, the client implemented refinements to their assessment and selection process to encourage more females to apply for senior level positions.
Case Study: Australian Electronics Retailer
Results include a 400% increase in company value within a year of divestment from previous parent company. Project included a complete overhaul and transformation of all recruitment processes.