California Privacy Addendum
This Privacy Notice for California Residents (“California Notice”) supplements the information contained in TrueBlue’s General Privacy Notice (“Notice”) and explains certain rights that California residents have under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”). Any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this California Notice. Please note that the CCPA currently exempts from its scope certain employee and business-to-business personal information.
Information We Collect
TrueBlue collects information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer, household, or device (“personal information“). We have collected the following categories of personal information from individuals within the last twelve (12) months:
- Identifiers, including individual’s name, home address, telephone number, email address, Social Security number (SSN), driver’s license number, or passport number
- Personal information categories described in the California Customer Records statute, including individual’s signature, education, employment history, bank account or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, such as race, national origin, gender, age, medical conditions, citizenship, disability, military or veteran status, request for family and medical care leave, and request for pregnancy disability leave
- Internet or other similar network activity, including browsing or search history
- Geolocation data, such as the location of company-issued laptops, mobile phones, device location
- Professional or employment-related information, such as work history, prior employer, human resources data, and data necessary for administering benefits and related administrative services
- Non-publicly available educational information as defined under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and related regulations, such as a grade point average and school transcript
We have collected the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you. For example, from applications, forms, or communications you complete when applying for employment or utilizing TrueBlue’s services.
- Indirectly from you. For example, from observing your actions on our website, application, and other technologies.
Use of Personal Information
We may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
- Provide TrueBlue Services to our workforce and our clients
- Process employment applications for positions you may apply for with TrueBlue or TrueBlue clients
- Match candidates and TrueBlue clients with job opportunities, including using geographic or location data to determine an individual’s proximity to a worksite or job location/opportunity
- Manage our employee workforce
- Manage any payments, benefits, and/or compensation obligations and transactions
- Meet our obligations as an employer under your employment contract or other applicable employment laws
- Manage employment relationships with individuals including human resource related matters
- Educate, train, and develop our employees and workforce
- Administer our account with individuals
- Administer and manage TrueBlue internal business operations, including conducting audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, troubleshooting, data analytics, testing, research, statistics and surveys, including analyzing our job candidate and associate bases, surveying individuals’ work-related skills, analyzing hiring practices, and identifying skills and qualification data
- Provide information on TrueBlue Services individuals may request from TrueBlue
- Communicate or market TrueBlue Services or other products or services TrueBlue offers or believes that individuals might be interested, including relevant job and employment opportunities
- Send e-mails and other promotional communication about TrueBlue and TrueBlue Services, including marketing, advertising, surveys, promotional, and thought leadership material
- Comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations, including health and safety obligations
- Respond to requests from individuals, including the exercise of any access rights
- Optimize individual’s experience in receiving TrueBlue Services
- Manage, administer, and monitor our technology, application, and website usage, including monitoring our network and information security
- Ensure that the content on our website is presented in the most efficient manner
- Use for other business purposes, such as data analysis, developing new products, services and offerings
Sharing Personal Information
We may share your personal information by disclosing it to a third party for a legitimate business, commercial, and/or legal purpose.
We may disclose Personal information to:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, who may support us in our data processing and provision of TrueBlue Services
- Service providers assisting in providing the TrueBlue Services and managing our internal business operations, including but not limited to support for recruitment, interviewing, applicant tracking, resume/CV management, infrastructure management, platform management, application services, marketing, data analytics, skill assessments, and drug and background screening to manage requests and questions from you, personalize or enhance transactions, verify, process, store, enforce, investigate and/or collect actual or potential transactions, or assist or respond to our consultants including, but not limited to, auditors and lenders;
- TrueBlue Clients so that you may perform work for them and/or be considered by them for similar employment opportunities that you applied for
- Government regulators, law enforcement authorities or alleged victims of identity theft (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal purpose, (ii) if we believe appropriate in response to a lawful disclosure request, and (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity
- To third parties in the event of a merger, acquisition, reorganization, restructuring, assignment, sale of assets, or bankruptcy or insolvency
- To third parties as necessary to exercise our rights or to assist third parties in defending their rights under applicable laws, including, without limitation, to assert, defend, and enforce our property rights and to respond to legal process
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our website
- To any third parties in which you explicitly direct or consent for us to provide information
No Sale of Personal Information
In the last 12 months, TrueBlue has NOT sold California consumer’s personal to third parties.
Individual’s Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides consumers California consumers with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes individual’s CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
The CCPA temporarily exempts certain individual rights from California consumers who are: (a) TrueBlue’s employees, job applicants, directors, officers, or contract workers (collectively, “Employment Individuals”), or the emergency contacts of Employment Individuals or the dependents or spouses who receive TrueBlue benefits by virtue of their relationship to an TrueBlue Employment Individual; and (b) California residents who are employees or other agents of a business engaged in a transaction with TrueBlue in their capacities as employees or agents of that business.
Individuals rights include the following:
- Right to be Informed: Individuals have the right to be informed of: (a) the categories of personal information collected about them; (b) the categories of collection sources; (c) the business or commercial purposes for processing such personal information; and (d) the categories of third parties with whom we share such personal information. The foregoing is set for in this Notice.
- Right to Access: Individuals have the right to request access to a copy of the personal information collected about them over the past 12 months.
- Right to Delete: In certain circumstances and subject to certain exceptions, individuals may have the right to request that their personal information be deleted.
- Right to Opt-Out of Sales of Personal Data: CCPA gives individuals the right to opt out of the sale of their personal information. Your Personal Data is never sold, rented, or leased to any external company, unless you have granted us permission to do so.
- Right to Non-Discrimination: TrueBlue will not discriminate against individuals when they exercise their privacy rights under the CCPA and will not: (a) deny individual’s goods or services; (b) charge you different prices or rates for goods or services; or (c) provide individuals with a different level of quality of good or services. However, due to the nature of the TrueBlue Services, failure to provide certain personal information may result in TrueBlue being unable to provide such TrueBlue Services without certain requisite personal information.
Other California Privacy Rights
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to Privacy@trueblue.com or write us at: 1015 A Street, Tacoma, WA 98402, ATTN: Privacy Group
Changes to this Notice
TrueBlue may modify this Notice at any time, and any modified version is effective immediately upon posting. TrueBlue encourages you to review the Notice each time you visit our websites.
If you have any questions or comments about this notice, the ways in which TrueBlue collects and uses your information described here and in the Privacy Notice, your choices and rights regarding such use, or wish to exercise your rights as required under California law, please do not hesitate to contact us at:
Phone: 1-800-610-8920; press 2 for Human Resources then 1 for Employee Relations and leave a message for one of our HR representatives.
Mail: TrueBlue, Inc.
1015 A Street
Tacoma, Washington 98402
Attn: Privacy Group