GDPR Privacy Addendum
If you are a resident of the European Economic Community (EEA), Switzerland or the United Kingdom (UK), the following provisions also apply to our processing of your personal information in addition to or in lieu of, as applicable, the relevant sections of the TrueBlue Privacy Notice. TrueBlue employees of the following subsidiary companies residing in the EEA and UK are further subject to local privacy notices and internal policies, which can be obtained from the in-country Human Resources departments.
- TMP (UK) Limited d/b/a PeopleScout UK
- TBI Outsourcing Poland Sp. z o.o
I. Lawful Basis for Processing (EEA, UK and Switzerland Users)
TrueBlue will only process personal information of EEA, Switzerland and UK based data subjects when legally permitted and with a lawful purpose. A lawful purposes exists: (a) when the processing is in TrueBlue’s legitimate interest and not overridden by the individual’s rights; (b) when TrueBlue needs to process personal information to perform a contract with the individual; (c) when TrueBlue has the individual’s consent to do so; and/or (d) if TrueBlue has a legal obligation to collect such personal information. The specific lawful basis for processing will depend on the type of personal information and the context of its collection.
II. Your Rights and Choices (EEA, UK and Switzerland Users)
If you are a user of TrueBlue Services or websites in the EEA, UK or Switzerland, you have a number of rights with respect to your personal information. We will process your requests in exercise of those rights in compliance with applicable data protection laws and regulations. Your privacy rights include the following:
- Right to be Informed. You have the right to be informed of what we generally do with your personal information. This is covered in the “How We Use the Information We Collect” section of the Global Privacy Notice.
- Right to Access. You have the right to request access to the personal information we hold about you. You may obtain confirmation of whether or not we are processing your personal information and if we are, you have the right to obtain a copy of that data.
- Right to Rectification. You have the right for any inaccurate personal information to be corrected. Upon request, we will update any inaccurate or incomplete personal information.
- Right to Erasure and Right to be Forgotten. In certain circumstances, you have the “right to be forgotten” and to request erasure of your personal information. Such right is subject to our obligation to maintain personal information under applicable laws, retain personal information in connection with the establishment, defense, or exercise of legal claims, or as otherwise set forth in the Global Privacy Notice.
- Right to Restrict Processing. You have the right to request restriction or suppression of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Right to Object. You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances. However, we may be entitled to continue processing your personal information based on our legitimate interests (provided we have a compelling legitimate interest and such interest does not unduly interfere with your rights, interests or freedoms) or to establish, exercise, or defend our legal claims. You also have the right to object to receiving direct marketing from us.
- Right to Data Portability. You have the right to request a copy of the personal information you have provided us in a machine-readable format or to transfer certain personal information to another party.
- Rights Related to Automated Decision Making. You may contest any automated decision made about you where such decision has a legal or similar effect.
- Revoking Consent. If we collect and process your personal information based on your consent, you may withdraw that consent at any time by contacting us.
- Right to contact a supervisory authority. If you believe that our processing of your personal information has resulted in a violation of applicable law, you have the right to lodge a complaint with an applicable supervisory authority.
III. Exercising your Rights
To exercise your rights, please use the contact information listed in the “Contact Us” section of the TrueBlue Privacy Notice. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe and in compliance with all applicable laws. To help protect your privacy and security, TrueBlue may take steps in compliance with applicable law to verify your identity. Subject to applicable law, TrueBlue may limit or deny requests or charge reasonable fees.
IV. Where We Store Your Information
The personal information we collect may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the jurisdiction in which you reside. We may transfer and process your personal information in the following countries and regions: U.S., Canada, UK, Poland, India, and Australia.
Data transferred outside the EEA may not be subject to equivalent data protection law. When we transfer your information to other countries, we will protect that data as described in the Global Privacy Notice. Such transfers will be in compliance with applicable law and made on the basis of:
- An adequacy decision by the European Commission, or
- Standard data protection clauses (formerly called the Model Clauses) promulgated by the European Commission.
V. Contact Us
Please feel free to contact us with any comments or questions regarding this Notice. You may contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We have appointed a data protection officer (DPO) to oversee compliance with this policy. If you have any questions about this policy or how we handle your personal data, please contact the DPO as follows:
Contact: Richard Cook (DPO)
Phone: 020 7268 9070
Alternatively, you can contact us by mail at:
265 Tottenham Court Road
London W1T 7RQ