This American multinational manufacturing company required full life-cycle recruiting support and a technology-based solution for the hiring of hundreds of retail store and service positions across the U.S. and Canada.
- Technology-enhanced candidate experience
- Implementation of automation to reduce time-consuming administrative tasks
- Robust analytics that turned historical data into actionable insights to identify opportunities for process optimization
The client experienced less than desirable outcomes from their previous RPO provider and chose PeopleScout as a partner because of our exemplary reputation and proven winning record in volume hiring in their industry. In addition, PeopleScout provided what had been lacking in their talent acquisition strategy: technology-based solutions, market intelligence and analytics, talent consultation, and standard reporting and compliance protection precautions.
Even with a stellar recruiting process, it would take the power of an integrated candidate management technology stack to make sure that hiring targets were being met with fewer human administrative tasks.
PeopleScout’s proprietary talent technology, AffinixTM was implemented to accelerate recruiter efficiency and enhance the candidate experience. The recruiting team leveraged Affinix Automation to do much of the repetitive heavy lifting in the process and relied on robust analytics that turned historical data into actionable insights to identify opportunities for process optimization.
Affinix End–to–End Process
The Affinix experience begins with a requisition feed from the client’s HRIS, where all hiring needs are approved.
The jobs are integrated into the Affinix Applicant Tracking System which provides:
- An interface to edit the job to prepare it for posting/advertising
- The platform that posts the job to the client’s Affinix career website and creates a job description and job page to post the job to media
- The platform for recruiters to manage all candidates during the hiring journey
Once posted, jobs are live on the client’s Affinix career website which allows candidates to:
- Quickly find the job they are looking for based on keyword, location or job family through intelligent and responsive search technology
- Join the talent community by quickly submitting their profile information if they are not ready to complete a job application
- Apply for a job through Affinix’s Quick Apply application, which captures all required candidate information and consent on one continuous and seamless page
- Automatically create a candidate dashboard to update their information, upload a new resume or change their communication preferences
The Affinix Quick Apply application sends the candidate data to the Affinix ATS and CRM which creates a candidate record. With knockout questions built into the application, Affinix processes candidates who are qualified and sends a text or email message to the candidate inviting them to complete a pre-screen.
Affinix Digital Interview then sends pre-screen questions by text and email. With hundreds of requisitions open concurrently, the power of Affinix Automation saves the recruiter the time it takes to pre-screen a candidate before the interview process. Having the option for candidates to answer pre-screen questions by SMS improves submission rate. Additionally, the recruiting team created a sophisticated scoring rubric for the technology to score the candidate based on their response.
Affinix Digital Interview then automatically advances the candidate to be invited to a phone interview if they meet or exceed the score threshold. The event scheduling functionality in the Affinix Digital Interview platform gives invited candidates the opportunity to choose a time on their own from the recruiter’s calendar availability.
Candidate information, activity and status automatically flow through to Affinix CRM. Because of the volume of qualified candidates who do not get hired, recruiters can classify candidates as silver or gold medalists, manage them in pipeline folders, and engage them with robust email campaigns. Some markets or jobs are urgent and when candidate traffic does not happen organically, the recruiters leverage Affinix Talent Matching, a sourcing platform built in the CRM.
Sourcing from hundreds of social and lifestyle sites, Affinix Talent Matching unleashes the requisition out on the open web to find relevant candidates whose profiles match the job requirements.
Since this sourcing tool is built into the CRM, sourced candidates can be added directly to pipeline folders. The recruiting team can also quickly build landing pages from Affinix CRM to be used as destination pages for pipeline-building campaigns like diversity and inclusion or new grads.
Affinix Analytics gives visibility to the historic recruiting performance by job class, requisition, location and hiring manager. Most importantly, it provides predictive analysis so that the recruiting team can take action and make corrections if needed.
The PeopleScout recruiting team meets and exceeds the client’s hiring targets because of how they masterfully leverage Affinix and its one mission—to improve candidate experience and recruiter efficiency. With Affinix:
- Candidates find jobs and complete job applications faster
- Candidates feel they are being given proper attention by getting quick responses with pre-screen questions and interview invitation, all swiftly done with automation
- Recruiters do less administrative tasks with Affinix managing the screening and scheduling process
- Recruiters can source, pipeline and engage candidates in the CRM to boost requisitions that are getting slow candidate traffic
Affinix Success with the Client:
- 4,400 Annual Hires Across Engagement
- 265 Commercial Service Centers
- 1,300+ Annual Hires—77% increase from 2019 to 2020
- 16,000 Annual Applicants—14% increase from 2019 to 2020
- 19 Manufacturing Plants Across North America
- 1,300+ Annual Hires—232% increase from 2019 to 2020
- 25,000 Annual Applicants—48% increase from 2019 to 2020
- Improved Interview to Offer Ratio
- The interview to offer improved from 8.8 days to 3.3 days
- Improved Time from Interview to Offer
- Decreased from 9 days to 3.4 days